Ganglion cysts are a common condition which affects our tendons and joints of the ankles, wrists, fingers or soles of the feet. They are small, rounded bags filled with vicious and dense liquid. They can be small, medium-sized or bigger up to an inch in diameter. Their consistency can be spongy or solid, which mainly depends on their size. If you’re suffering from ganglion cysts you probably feel pain and discomfort accompanied by tingling sensations, muscle weakness, and numbness. The real cause behind these uncomfortable growths is not known, but it’s mostly believed that it can be a result of an irritated tendon or joint.
Ganglion cysts usually appear in people between the ages of 15 and 40 and are a common issue among women and professional athletes whose wrists are constantly under pressure. If you’ve suffered a joint or tendon injury or if you’re suffering from osteoarthritis you’re more prone to this condition. Usually, it can be treated at home, naturally but there are also more serious cases which require medical attention and possibly a surgery to remove them.
We’ve composed a list of 5 of the most effective home remedies for ganglion cysts:
Black Tea Bags
- Black tea has acidic properties which help the cysts heal faster and prevent the condition from progressing further.
- It also has powerful anti-inflammatory properties and reduces the pain and swelling.
- If you want to treat ganglion cysts with black tea here’s what you need to do: Bring some water to boil and soak a tea bag in it for 5 minutes.
- Take out the tea bag and squeeze the excess liquid.
- Apply the bag over the affected area and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Repeat the process a few times a day for a couple of days and you’ll see the amazing results.
- Frankincense oil has powerful astringent properties which can help you reduce the cysts’ size and prevent it from appearing again.
- It will soothe the pain as well. Just apply 2 drops of the oil directly on the cyst and cover it with a clean bandage.
- Repeat the process every day with a new bandage until the cyst disappears completely.
- To prevent it from reappearing continue the treatment for a few weeks afterward.
- We’ve all heard about the amazing healing powers of Aloe Vera and it doesn’t come as a surprise that it helps with this condition as well.
- Its strong anti-inflammatory properties help the healing process and reduce the pain and swelling.
- For this treatment, you’ll need fresh Aloe Vera leaves.
- Extract the gel and apply it on the affected area and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water and repeat the process a few times a day for 4-5 days.
- Arnica oil is very beneficial in the treatment of ganglion cysts.
- It speeds up the blood circulation, alleviates inflammation and swelling and reduces the pain.
- Mix equal parts of arnica oil, coconut oil, and olive oil and apply the mixture on the affected area.
- Cover it with a bandage and repeat the treatment 2-3 times a day for 4-5 days.
- Epsom salt is an excellent remedy against ganglion cysts and can effectively eliminate it in just a few days.
- It reduces the pain and inflammation and speeds up the healing.
- Dissolve 1-2 tablespoons of Epsom salt in a glass of warm water and mix it all well.
- Soak the cyst for 20-30 minutes and repeat the treatment every day for 4-5 days.
- Topical remedies are very effective against this condition but if you want to speed up the healing process and reduce the pain and swelling you should try to eat more anti-inflammatory foods as well.
- Try eating more turmeric, ginger, and salmon.
- If even after everything the cyst is still very painful and increases in size you should definitely consult with your doctor.
The post How To Get Rid Of Ganglion Cysts & This Home Remedies appeared first on Living Well With Oliver.