Imagine water flowing through a pipe or a tube that has a lot of things passing through it. It would definitely have a cleansing effect, don’t you think? Now, apply the same rule to your stomach where the food is processed and broken into energy. When you drink water, it runs through it and cleanses it including the food debris that is stuck along the walls. Drinking water empty stomach is one of the most effective cleansing mechanisms. Further, Japanese are known to follow this ritual of drinking water empty stomach, that too immediately after they wake up.
Here are some other aspects of the drinking water empty stomach that you might want to consider:
- Drink about 600 mL water on an empty stomach in the morning, even before brushing.
- You can then brush and rinse your mouth, but do not eat anything for the next 45 minutes.
- Eat a good breakfast after 60 to 90 minutes.
- Again, do not eat anything after that for about 2 hours.
This is a regimen which should be followed religiously as it comes with multiple benefits, which are listed below
- Helps in flushing the excess: This is one of the best ways to clear the bowel. If you are having problems with bowel movement, try drinking water on an empty stomach and immediately you will be able to notice the change in your bowel movement. Needless to say, clearing out the bowel first thing in the morning is one of the healthiest habits to have.
- Food pipe cleanser: As food passes through the food pipe, there is a lot of debris along the walls. Drinking water flushes this debris out and leaves the food pipe walls clean and clear.
- Improves appetite: Drinking water on an empty stomach helps in clearing it, which makes way for a good appetite. Also, if your stomach is clear, you will automatically feel hungry and eat a good breakfast, which is considered as the best meal of the day.
- Prevents headache: Dehydration is one of the major cause of headaches, as the cells often crave for water in order to function properly. Drinking water, especially on an empty stomach, gives the cells their much-needed hydration, thereby preventing headaches.
- Detoxifying effect: Clearing out the bowel helps in releasing toxins from the body. Drinking water on an empty stomach improves the bowel clearing process in the morning, thus removes toxins from your body.
- Weight loss: If you need something to fill your stomach without having to add calories, drink up water. Drinking water empty stomach also improves metabolism and so helps in weight loss. Mixing lemon and honey to lukewarm water on an empty stomach can help reduce the waistline and will also keep you energized throughout the day.
- Skin care: Drinking water on an empty stomach is also beneficial for your skin as it reduces wrinkles, makes it look vibrant and also will clear skin pores.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The post DRINKING WATER ON EMPTY STOMACH IMMEDIATELY AFTER WAKING UP! appeared first on Living Well With Oliver.