Abundant in nutrients, aloe vera has topped the list of super plants for quite some time. This health-boosting plant thrives in tropical climates and is mostly grown for medical use.
Aloe vera can be easily grown as a house plant too because it has low maintenance requirements – a warm place and occasional watering.
The amazing healing properties of aloe vera are mainly concentrated in the thick gel found in aloe vera leaves. This gel is quite easy to extract; simply cut the leaf open and remove the gel. The largest and ripest leaves contain most of this gel. If you can’t grow your own plant, buying aloe vera gel from your local pharmacy will also do.
Aloe vera gel can be used both on the inside and the outside. Read on and find out how to reap the health benefits of this health-boosting plant.
Health benefits of using aloe vera gel topically:
- It speeds up the healing of wounds.
- It slows down the aging process.
- It deeply hydrates and softens your skin.
- It effectively soothes burns and sunburns.
- It eliminates wrinkles and fine lines.
- It calms washes, boils and other skin problems.
- It relieves itching from bug bites.
- It’s an amazing hair conditioner; plus, it prevents hair loss.
- It works well as a shaving gel.
Health benefits of ingesting aloe vera:
- It improves urinary tract function.
- It strengthens the immune system.
- It reduces arthritic pain and inflammation.
- It relieves GI issues including indigestion.
- It maintains healthy gums.
- It keeps blood sugar levels under control.
- It improves blood quality.
- It stimulates secretion of white blood cells and healthy cells in cancer patients.
- It relieves acid reflux.
As mentioned above, aloe vera is extremely beneficial for relieving a number of gastrointestinal issues including constipation, bloating, IBS and colitis.
There’s a general belief that aloe vera originated in North Africa thousands of years ago as the first recorded use of this plant appeared on the ancient Egyptian papyrus, called ebers. Here, researchers have deciphered 12 different uses of the aloe vera plant.
Owing to its amazing health-boosting properties, aloe vera has gained enormous popularity over the years. Today, it’s one of the most powerful natural remedies for treatment of a plethora of health issues.
The post 18 Mind blowing uses for Aloe Vera – you will never buy expensive products again! appeared first on Living Well With Oliver.